NUWEST GROUP | Job Opening
Director of payroll
Our mission is to do impactful work that feels meaningful, by helping others find meaningful work at fantastic companies and communities across the country.
NuWest Healthcare is an award-winning healthcare staffing agency with 30 years of expertise. We build sustainable healthcare workforce solutions for hospitals and health systems across the country with temp, temp-to-hire, direct hire, travel nursing capabilities.
We hire creative problem solvers with strong communication skills and enthusiasm to learn, grow, and help others while helping expand our business. If that sounds like you, let’s talk.
Director of Payroll
We are seeking an experienced Director of Payroll to lead our payroll team and oversee all aspects of payroll operations for our organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in payroll administration and management, as well as excellent leadership and communication skills.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise, develop and mentor a team of payroll professionals.
- Oversee daily operations and perform administrative functions for the payroll department.
- Responsible for the development, training and mentorship of payroll team ensuringoptimal performance.
- Leverage technology to gain efficiencies and accuracy.
- Remain updated on current and changing payroll related laws across multiple states.
- Update payroll policy and procedure documents.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with company associates, departments, and management.
- Establish and maintain effective business relations with vendors, outside auditors and regulators, and professional trade groups.
- Ensure compliance and resolve all issues related to state and local payroll laws andregulations including wage and hour laws, tax and other filings.
- Review annual W-2 preparation and quarterly and annual payroll tax return filings. Work with external payroll company as needed.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Assist with Workers Comp audits and related issues.
- Create and maintain a positive team environment, conduct routine team meetings, provide recognition and celebrate successes.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
8-10 years of experience processing high volume payroll required
3 years of supervisor/management experience required
2 years of Travel Nurse staffing industry experience
Acquisition integration experience a plus
Systems integrations experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of multi-state payroll practices and laws required
Knowledge of payroll tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements
Understanding of automated payroll applications such as Paycom, ADP, etc.
Outstanding Customer Service
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Innate aptitude for problem solving
Ability to work both quickly and accurately
Team player attitude
What we offer
Compensation: $120,000 – $150,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life, LTD, Accident Insurance
- EAP, Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Account
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Vacation Days/year
- 2 Floating Holidays/year
- Holidays (8 days)
- 80 hrs (10 days) Sick Leave
NuWest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.