Registered Nurse x2
This is now a x2 b/c one of their internal RNs is moving into a infusion role!
Sales count as 1 perm order for this week!
Client/Job Title: Washington Gastroenterology Bellevue Clinic RN
Order Classification: Clinic RN
Lead: katelyn assign pls
Direct Hire Fee: $12,480-$14,560 DOE
Hiring Manager (subs to): Kori Snodgrass, HR
Subs By: 6/27
Interviews: Phone interview with Kori and then in person interview & shadow w/ the team at Bellevue
Interview Feedback: within 24 hours
SUBMISSION/PACKET REQUIREMENTS: Standard submittal
Client Information/Pitch: On January 1, 2018, four of the top-rated gastroenterology practices in Western Washington will combine to form Washington Gastroenterology. United and committed to excellence in patient care, high quality outcomes and innovation, Washington Gastroenterology will be the largest specialty GI practice in Washington State.
We are a private practice gastroenterology clinic dedicated to providing personalized care in an outpatient and inpatient setting. At Washington Gastro (formally Northwest Gastroenterology Associates), you will receive individual attention from a caring and highly skilled staff of board certified physicians and a professional support staff. We serve the community with offices in Bellevue and Issaquah. Our Endoscopy Centers are conveniently located in the same office building locations in Bellevue and Issaquah.**they also pay for parking!
Why Is This Position Open/Order Description? lindsey one of their long term nurses gave notice
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: This will be your typical Clinic RN role by assisting back office admin assistants to providers- day is split up well will be assigned to a doctor. Rooming,Triaging, paperwork, vitals, they may load and prepare orders for lab, radiology, and procedural recalls. Some minor procedures as well. Heavy admin
Clinical Specific Information (providers, patient volumes, team vs. one on one): 10 providers at the clinic and they will be paired with one provider.
- Team player
- Active RN license
- At least 1 year of experience would be great, but they have hired new grads before so you can send new nurses as well
- GI would be a major plus
- gMed EMR would be a huge plus
Target Years of Experience: 3 would be ideal
Work Location/Directions/Travel: Bellevue- NW Gastro Site
Competition/Where are they at with the search? Challenges? New need, havent' even put in on their website yet, so let's boogie before they get someon on their own!
Hours/Week: M- F 8-4:30
Duration (Contracted temp to hire hours?): Direct hire
Pay Rate: Their sweet spot is $28-34/hr but they will pay higher for an experienced nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Back Office
Reports to: Lead RN and Clinic Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: July 1, 2013
Assists back office and administrative assistants to the provider in the treatment of patients.
Functions as a member of the healthcare team in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician or nurse practitioner. This position’s main function is assisting the WAGI providers in the care and triage of their patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, reviews and updates medication and allergy lists and records information on patients’ Electronic charts. Schedules appointments, endoscopic, lab and radiology procedures, including education of the patient on the preparation for the procedures. This position is responsible for demonstrating technical knowledge and ability in performing efficiently the entire job tasks required.
- Responsible for assisting the medical assistants with the cleaning and stocking all patient rooms on a daily basis. Does a weekly inventory or supplies and orders as necessary to ensure adequate supply at all times.
- RN’s will assist the Medical Assistants in the processing of provider dictation and letters. In addition, they may load and prepare orders for lab, radiology and procedure recalls.
- Develops stool tests for Fecal Occult Blood Testing and records it in Electronic Medical Records.
- RN’s will administer medications under their scope of practice such as vaccinations under the orders of a Physician or Nurse Practitioner. In addition, they will verify and assist MA’s with injectible medication.
- RNs may provide Food Allergy testing and monitoring as ordered by providers.
- RNs may administer and monitor patients receiving infusions under the orders of a Physician.
- Responsible for triaging patients face to face or by telephone calls and providing guidance and clinical judgment as directed by the WAGI providers. This includes preparation instructions, patient questions, and laboratory and radiology test results.
- RNs may participate in Open Access, reviewing patient questionnaires and sending preparation instructions and preparation medications to the patient’s pharmacy, per WAGI standing orders.
- Responsible for learning new equipment and accepting training from provider, nursing staff.
- Ensures effective and consistent communication with patients, front office staff, physicians/providers and office manager.
- Initiates quality control measures and monitors work quality for compliance with protocols and procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines and regulations at all times. Respects and promotes patient’s rights.
- Assist with maintaining and checking refrigerator temperature log and Oxygen tanks and emergency kits.
- RNs may assist with scheduling patients for office visits and procedures.
- RNs may give vaccinations and injections as per provider orders.
- Sending Provider authorized prescriptions electronically and utilizing the prescription protocol.
- RNS will obtain prior authorizations for medications and radiology as required in the office.
- Assisting in the transfer of patients from the office to the hospital as needed.
- RNs will supervise and assist Medical Assistants as needed with patient care.
- RNs will triage and assess patients who walk into the office for assistance.
- Follow the Department of Health licensure defined scope of practice.
- Set up and assist Physician for hemorrhoid banding procedures.
- Perform capsule endoscopy procedures.
- Perform breath testing procedures for SIBO, lactose, fructose and H. Pylori.
- General office duties as deligated.
Infusion Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all clinical aspects of Infusing medications, including insertion of IV’s, mixing medications, administering medications, monitoring patient vitals during and after infusion, and proper documentation and reporting.
- Provide patient treatments as ordered by physicians in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Administer medications in accordance with care plans and established policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate documentation during each shift to include completing patient progress notes that are timely and accurate.
- Stay up to date on training and protocols for infusion medications and informing Physicians and nursing staff of any changes as appropriate.
- Provide patient injections as ordered by providers.
- Inventory and order medications as directed. Responsible for ordering, maintaining in office infusion medication as well as from mail order pharmacies.
- Maintain emergency medical kit. Monitoring expiration dates and restocking when necessary.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training procures.
- Demonstration of compassion and caring in patient communications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of our clients
- High school graduate or GED equivalent is required
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program
- Must be willing to attend continuing education conferences, seminars and/or webinars to learn new techniques or procedure or to reinforce current skill sets
- Excellent office skills such as accurate typing, filing and spelling. Familiarity with word processing, data entry, and basic office software (Microsoft Office) and email
- Ability to work with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system including voice mail
- Experience using office equipment including calculators, photocopiers, postage and fax machines, scanners and computers
- Excellent organizational skills to include keeping files neat and orderly and work area clean
- The skill to provide excellent customer service to WAGI patients and visitors
- Must be a team player, possessing strong common sense, a positive serving attitude, a strong work ethic and commitment to WAGI policies and procedures
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and possess excellent communication and people skills and know how to build relationships and teamwork among co-workers
- Must be a fast learner able to quickly and clearly understand WAGI guidelines and procedures relating to patient services, data entry and medical records
- Must be detail-oriented and work with a high level of accuracy in every aspect of the job
- Must be able to handle multiple functions and interruptions calmly and with composure – grace under pressure
- Must be able to work both independently to complete tasks using appropriate judgment in the care of WAGI patients.
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Must have a current and valid Registered Nursing license from the Depart of Health, State of Washington
- Maintain current certification in CPR, ACLS as appropriate