- Location: SODO
- Shift: Day (6:00am-2:30pm)
- Pay: DOE
- Temp-Hire (converted to FTE after 30 days, part of the union)
- Fit and weld small front load, rear load and specialty containers.
- Fit and weld drop box containers.
- Operate overhead cranes and air hoists, moving material and parts in a safe manner.
- Operate Oxy/Acetylene cutting torch.
- Operate a compressed air grinder.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to weld multiple disciplines on carbon steel, aluminum and stainless
- Minimum 2+ years of welding experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints
- Have flexibility and be able to switch tasks as needed on short notice.
- Ability to take work instructions and carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Work together as a team.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and prints.
- Ability to work safely on ladders and/or platforms.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 40 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Crawl in small, confined spaces occasionally.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 45 – 85 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, steel-toed shoes, hard hat, and protective welding gear.
- Ability to wear a fit-tested respirator.