NUWEST GROUP | Job Opening
WHAT BEING A COMPENSATION CONSULTANT AT NUWEST IS ALL ABOUT...
NuWest Group Holdings is looking for smart, motivated, hard-working, results-oriented individuals to help expand our staffing business. We are a thriving and growing company that wants to add top talent to our team. We specialize in a wide range of industries including medical, engineering, modern manufacturing, technical and scientific. We offer a strong, team-based, quality focused environment as well as excellent compensation (base, commission, and bonuses), benefits packages, as well as many other great perks. If you think you are one of the best, come prove it on a team that will allow you to do so.
The Compensation Consultant leads in the strategic analysis, design, and administration of NuWest’s compensation programs including base pay, bonus incentive and performance management programs in coordination with the Firm’s compensation goals and philosophy. This role is responsible for evaluating jobs, determining pay grades, participating in compensation surveys, performing compensation analysis, and providing strategic reporting and analysis on existing and new pay structures. The Compensation Manger ensures the strategic alignment of compensation programs and
plan designs with total rewards philosophy, business objectives, and jurisdictional compliance. From time to time, this position will present and assist with facilitating senior executive leader presentations and discussions.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Administers annual merit increase and bonus programs including development and analysis of performance metrics.
- Reviews new positions in anticipation of recruitment to ensure appropriate classification based on position-specific information. Determines if an existing description can be used for classification. As necessary, modifies
and creates new descriptions which accurately reflect current duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
- Reviews jobs for reorganizations, contractual reviews, and projects, including both job audit and evaluation. Documents job-specific findings and recommendations for development of a comprehensive project report.
- Responsible for preparing the annual compensation budget in conjunction with the Finance team each fiscal year. Provides ongoing analysis comparison to budget monthly.
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to facilitate compensation program decisions and analyze business outcomes. Produce ad hoc compensation analyses with quick turnarounds.
- Uses published, or conducts ad hoc, surveys to obtain and analyze market pay rates. Makes recommendations on appropriate pay grade level. Reviews recommendations within the context for internal equity. Prepares reports on findings and handles administrative steps to formalize recommendations.
- Ensures all aspects of compensation programs are addressed in a timely manner, including, but not limited to, creation of new positions, posting of new and revised descriptions, and updated compensation ranges.
- Research situations as they arise related to aspects of compensation to provide clarity for resolution in consideration of market changes, historical practices, similar situations, and such.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures pay practices are compliant with federal, state, and local requirements (including, but not limited to, FLSA, minimum wage laws and ordinances, holiday and overtime pay) in each jurisdiction in which NuWest maintains an office or remote employees.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics in a timely manner.
- Reviews and recommends salary placements for new hires.
- Provides data input to annual salary surveys.
- Tracks current monthly and annual staffing metrics and turnover rates for
- Reviews requests for new or revised positions or classifications to determine
appropriate pay ranges.
- Formulates recommendations regarding development of salary structure,
FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Develops reports as requested by leadership using proven compensation
programs. Assists in the generation and analysis of compression analyses,
market adjustment reports, out-of-range reports, exemption change reports,
or other compensation-related analyses.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned in support of department and
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Psychology, Liberal Arts, or related fields
- 3-5 years as Compensation Analyst or Compensation Consultant
- Strong desire to work in the recruiting, sales, or human resources industry
- Strong interest in working with people at different professional and educational backgrounds
- Strong experience with designing sales and incentive plans
- Meticulous and detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to accurately attend to multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional business communication experience preferred
- Innate aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work both quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player attitude
We’re in the business of finding people the right job openings – email your resume to email@example.com. If we have something that fits your skills, we’ll let you know!