NUWEST HEALTHCARE | Job Opening
WORKING AT NUWEST
Our sister company, Direct Technology, is looking for a skilled Payroll Clerk. This is a 100% remote position. The role would focus primarily with NuWest Travel Nursing so experience in that area is a huge PLUS!
The Payroll Clerk will be responsible for inputting data from time sheets, production records, or individual timecards to computerized payroll system. They will also be responsible for balancing payroll runs and answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues and knowing HR and Payroll laws for all 50 states. The role will be in integral part of our fast-growing team and is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow and advance their career in Accounting and Payroll.
This is a full time position, 35-40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday. The pay range for this position is $22 – $25 per hour, depending on experience.
Our headquarters is in Bellevue, WA, with the majority of our team in the Greater Seattle area and remote team members spanning every time zone in the U.S. We are currently a fully remote team with some optional office time due to the rise of Delta variant Covid-19 case.
payroll clerk JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- 2+ years of experience with high-volume payroll processing
- Knowledge of HR & Payroll Laws preferably in multiple states
- Experience answering payroll related employee questions
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the payroll field.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Organizational skills are critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail are critical
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and resolve problems
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-4 years of full cycle recruiting experience, ideally in experience in one of our specialized industries
- Demonstrated motivation for success and personal career growth
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with varying priorities (multiple job orders, varying clients)
- Must be able to quickly evaluate and resolve problems
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs
NICE TO HAVES
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Some previous invoicing/billing experience a plus
- Previous experience working in payroll in the Travel Nurse Industry
- Experience in Multi-State payroll processing
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise
- Accounting / Project or Job Costing background
Do meaningful work.
NuWest is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity, practice inclusion & equity, encourage different points of view, and learn from each other in a supportive environment.
We’re in the business of finding people the right job openings – email your resume to email@example.com. If we have something that fits your skills, we’ll let you know!