Trainer (Staff Development) | NuWest Healthcare
The Trainer will assist in evaluating, conducting, and coordinating training and development programs for NuWest employees, under the supervision of the People Development Manager. In this role, you will develop skills, enhance productivity and quality of work, and improve employee engagement and retention. You will own designing training materials and curricula, delivering training and coordinating agency wide staff development efforts.
AS THE Trainer, YOU will:
- Collaborate to create effective training materials using a variety of media and make recommendations for resources as needed
- Works with managers to evaluate knowledge gaps and establish effective employee trainings to ensure adherence to changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
- Lead training sessions covering new employee orientation, on-the-job training, technology use, contractor relationships, and other topics as needed
- Contribute to effective onboarding of all new employees across a variety of disciplines and occupations, including by role and job function.
- Independently and proactively identify skills gaps in the workforce through focus groups, surveys and other informal methods of feedback. Identify and coordinate key skills training across related job/position families.
- Help develop an organizational methodology for creating an internal talent pipeline.
- Build and maintain a training resource library to organize all learning tools and resources.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate employee development and training events.
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and minimum of one to two years of professional experience in training, development, teaching, course design, learning management systems or related field.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in recruiting/staffing firms including training requirements associated with healthcare staffing.
- Experience/Strong familiarity with applicant tracking software programs, such as Bullhorn.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of training and staff development programs and ability to analyze and determine the needs of the organization.
- Experience with workforce development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both writing training curricula and delivering group presentations throughout the organization.
- Strong consultative and coaching skills and ability to effectively navigate matrixed organizational hierarchies.
- Grasp of multiple teaching styles to ensure a variety of people learn effectively.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
- Ability to build relationships and mentorship with all staff levels from line to managerial.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to administer multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
- Proficiency with office software including PowerPoint.
- Works effectively with team members and leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with various styles of adult learning in order to create and deliver training to all staff levels.
- Must understand managerial perspective of training needs throughout the organization.
- Actively foster a network of training facilitators to address analytical, strategic and on-going training needs within the organization.
- Experience with the use of technology and learning platforms to deliver and enhance learning among all levels of staff, including understanding how to address the challenges of low technology skills among some staff.
- Understanding of how job functions interact within a program as well as throughout organization.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills-cataloging, scheduling, record keeping and ability to use data to identify needs and assess effectiveness.
- During Covid-19 restrictions this role is Remote. As such a time that safe in-office work can resume, the Trainer operates in a professional office environment with frequent travel to local offices to meet training schedule needs.
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Business hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Because program operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, availability to conduct training and meetings outside of work hours may be required.
About NuWest HEALTHCARE
NuWest Healthcare, a NuWest Group agency, is a recruiting and talent solutions firm that helps companies across the country catalyze their business and grow the right teams more efficiently. NuWest Healthcare has specialized, tenured teams across Travel, Clinical, Laboratory, and Scientific, with over 25 years of experience delivering high quality talent, market expertise, and operational efficiencies. We’re a Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Company and have been named a Top 100 Best Place to Work in Washington for six consecutive years.
be part of the mission
We’re in the business of finding people the right job openings – email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have something that fits your skills, we’ll let you know!