Sheet Metal Op / Shop Help
Sheet Metal Fabricator
Day Shift: Mon – Fri, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Evening Shift: Mon – Fri, 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
POSITION SUMMARY: This position fabricates sheet metal parts, equipment, and products. This is a cross functional position within the Fabrication department.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
- Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, presses, lasers, to cut, bend, or straighten materials
- Grinds, deburrs, and smooth’s surfaces, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from supervisor/lead.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydraulic press, punch operations, laser and/or plasma operations including basic set up is desired.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of work performed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.