Database Developer Analyst
Database Developer Analyst
Job Title: Database Developer Analyst
Department: Information Services
Reports To: Director, Database/Application Development
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Primary Objective: Responsible for working with the application development team to provide a high-level support services to the Baseball Operations department – including acting as application support, providing data research, and serving as a database report writer. Will serve as the point person for support inquiries and actively participate in support resolution, existing feature enhancement, and new feature development.
- Utilize available tools and technology, including but not limited to SQL and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, to provide excellent support to assigned departments and teams.
- Write SSRS reports based on specifications provided by the business.
- Run ad-hoc queries to provide information to internal customers based on individual needs.
- Troubleshoot web applications and trace data presentation issues back to the source data.
- Work with the technology team to solve issues for the business.
- Provide front-end support to internal customers as needed.
- Participate in opportunities for growth with the department handling reporting, database development or web development.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required. Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education, if approved by management.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience utilizing Microsoft development technologies.
- Previous SQL Reporting Services and SQL Server experience required.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development Stack and Microsoft Virtualization experience preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; articulates messages and information clearly, respectfully, and in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Plans and prioritizes work effectively with minimal oversight; manages multiple initiatives simultaneously, remains organized, meets deadlines and delivers exceptional results.
- Highly self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Dedicated to excellence and customer focus; available to internal customers via email in the evening and on weekends should they need support.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, yet comfortable completing tasks independently. Self-starter with the ability to be creative within a structured environment.
- In-depth knowledge of baseball and understanding of the business needs of a professional sports organization.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies in a fast paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.