The Senior Manager, Business Intelligence will be responsible for translating transactional, performance, and operating data into actionable insights that improve our day to day execution and customer experience. You will partner closely with business leaders to develop deep understanding of their business needs, then develop user-friendly tools that enable them to manage their businesses more effectively. You will proactively drive analysis that will lead to deeper insights and recommendations.
In addition to analyses and business insights, you will be responsible for the overall data architecture strategy. Your team will build and maintain BI solutions that are used for daily/weekly and monthly reporting. The role will require working with large amount of data available from various source systems such as point of sales, marketing platforms, customer relationship management system and custom supply chain and trucking logistics applications. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using both cloud based and on-prem data warehouse platforms e.g. Snowflake, SSIS, Oracle BI, reporting tools e.g. PowerBI, Tableau and modeling metadata.
The position’s objective is to develop and communicate technology models, processes, tools, standards, and methodologies used in the BI/DW architecture domains, in support of all business processes areas and in alignment with the overall IT and business strategy. Responsible for the design & delivery of "end-to-end" solutions, considering people, process and technology, aligning the business processes with technology roadmaps, articulating the transition from current to future state, and execution of the transition to the new solution.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep experience in systems development, business analytics, business transformation, business intelligence, process improvement, and project management
- Strong programming and advanced SQL skills. Willingness to dive deep and be hands-on is critical
- Experienced in managing the expectations of business sponsors and stakeholders cross functionally as well as managing teams against changing business environment in a matrix organization
- Strong people management and influencing skills, with strong track record of developing and communicating complex information clearly and concisely. Consulting experience a plus.
- Activities include business requirements development, conceptual modeling, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process and business rules definition development, BI schema design, and deployment/testing support
Essential Job Functions:
- Retail industry experience is greatly appreciated
- Experience of large scale transformation projects and project delivery is critical
- Strong Business Intelligence (BI) experience
- Strong business acumen and strategic outlook
- Proven people management skills essential
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and drive change
- Comfortable with managing multiple projects in a complex environment
- Effectively manage people, coaching and developing team
- Ability to effectively partner with different teams within IT and other business units
- Demonstrated ability to communicate conceptual ideas clearly and effectively
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
Required Education, Training and Experience:
Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related discipline